Almost everyone in Latin America has social media
Did you know that almost 9 out of 10 people living in Latin America access social media? They are ubiquitous, dynamic, and the place where brands must be.
According to a Comscore study, 86.6% of latin users on social media made 54.8 billion posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok from January to December 2022.
Compared to the previous year, there was a reach increase of between 3% and 5%. While Brazilian users account for the highest amount of usage time, the Argentinians are the ones who spend the most time on social media within the region, with an average of 3,028.4 minutes per user monthly.
The report’s highligths:
- In the 2022 social media share of actions by channel, Instagram dominates widely with 52%.
- Mexico ranked as the country with the highest number of social media posts in the year (17.8 million).
- The average interactions in Brazil are the highest in the region, with 1985 interactions per post.
- In the last four years, sponsored content posts have doubled in Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico.
- 58.1 billion videos were published on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube, which gathered 1.558 billion daily views.